There are 6 seats remaining.
Why are your eyes brown and mine green? Why is your hair so curly? What does your blood type mean? Will your brother go bald? In this class, we learn about the basics of DNA, the instruction manual for all cells, and how DNA impacts the way traits are passed from one generation to the next. We will create mixed-media art pieces to showcase important cell cycles, and we will use fun Interactive models to learn about inheritance and variance. Students will play Sherlock Holmes to decode a series of genetic mysteries and will come up with their own gripping short stories showing how murders can be solved using biological techniques. No prior experience is necessary.
Course Title: Mysteries of the Human Genome
Time: 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Location: Logan Heights Branch Library
Address: 567 S 28th St., San Diego, CA 92113
Course Level: Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
· I understand students must attend all classes.
· I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
· I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
· I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
· I understand students should treat instructors and all workshop attendees with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
· I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.