Please take a moment to fill out our Online Survey
You are here
All new registrations will be placed on the waitlist, and there is 1 waitlist seat remaining.
This Library NExT course introduces students to the many marine mammals native to San Diego, including seals, sea lions, dolphins and great whales. This class covers how researchers identify and study these animals. After their marine biology lessons, students can sculpt their favorite animal out of clay for a fridge magnet memory to help promote future marine biologists.
Course Title: Marine Mammals of California
Time: 1 PM - 4 PM
Location: Linda Vista Branch Library
Address: 2160 Ulric St., San Diego, CA 92111
Course Level: Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
- I understand students must attend all classes.
- I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
- I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
- I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
- I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
- I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.