There are 4 seats remaining.
In this Library NExT workshop fidget spinners aren’t a distraction they’re a tangible lesson in the laws of physics. Students explore concepts of energy conservation, how motion transfers heat, and the law of gravity and tension to gain an understanding why some fidget spinners spin longer and why some are louder than others. Students are welcome to bring their own fidget spinners, and we also provide spinners for in-class use only.
Course Title: The Physics of Fidget Spinners
Time: 1:00 PM-4:00 PM
Location: Linda Vista Branch Library
Address: 2160 Ulric St., San Diego, CA 92111
Course Level: Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
· I understand students must attend all classes.
· I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
· I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
· I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
· I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
· I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.