If you like reading mysteries and are intrigued by crime investigation, then this class is for you! Explore the exciting world of forensics, including DNA evidence, fingerprints and handwriting analysis. Then learn how mystery writers incorporate this information into their books. No experience is required.
Course Title: Being Sherlock: The Art of the Mystery and the Science of Forensics
Time: 1:00:00 PM-4:00:00 PM
Location: Mira Mesa Branch Library
Address: 8405 New Salem St, San Diego, CA 92126
Course Level: Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
This project is funded in whole or in part with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to the City of San Diego.
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
· I understand students must attend all classes.
· I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
· I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
· I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
· I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
· I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.