Delve into the underwater ecosystem of San Diego’s kelp forest as you learn about algae and other incredible organisms. Interactive “creature features” will highlight a variety of marine creatures, including invertebrates, fish and sharks. Students will apply what they learn about marine biology as they create an art project using watercolor pencils.
The San Diego Public Library and UC San Diego Extension are proud to bring all Library NExT programming to you for free, thanks to funding provided by the federal government. In order to keep these programs free, the federal organization—the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Community Development Block Grant program—needs a completed version of the PDF before your student starts the workshop. All the information collected in this document is confidential and is only used for tracking to provide funds for this program.
Course Title: Discovering the Mysteries of Kelp Forests
Time: 2:00 PM-5:00 PM
Location: Paradise Hills Library
Address: 5922 Rancho Hills Drive., San Diego, CA 92139
Course Level: Elementary Level (3rd-5th Grade)
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
- I understand students must attend all classes.
- I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
- I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
- I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
- I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
- I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
- By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.