What is it about the intertidal zone – the area that is above water at low tide and underwater at high tide – that makes it so incredibly diverse? We will explore the unique characteristics of this habitat and learn how marine invertebrates adapt to its extreme conditions. Working as a team, students will gain an understanding of the extraordinary dynamics of an ecosystem found right here along the California coast!
The San Diego Public Library and UC San Diego Extension are proud to bring all Library NExT programming to you for free, thanks to funding provided by the federal government. In order to keep these programs free, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant program requires us to collect household income information as part of the registration. All the information collected is confidential and is only used for tracking to provide funds for this program.
All participants are welcome. If you need special accessibility accommodations, please call (619) 236-5807 or email email@example.com in advance of your participation.
If you have comments, questions or grievances about Library NExT, please contact Library NExT Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Policy and Procedures:
- I understand students must attend all classes.
- I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
- I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
- I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
- I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
- I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.