Program Type:Library NExT
Students will discover the basics of stop-motion animation by working in two-person teams to make an animated movie. Teams will use different materials (construction paper, foam, Legos and other props) to create subjects for their movies. Students will start by brainstorming ideas and creating storyboards. Then they will use the kid-friendly Stop Motion Studio app to create frames, add sound and produce a final movie.
The San Diego Public Library and UC San Diego Extension are proud to bring all Library NExT programming to you for free, thanks to funding provided by the federal government. In order to keep these programs free, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant program requires us to collect household income information as part of the registration. All the information collected is confidential and is only used for tracking to provide funds for this program.
All participants are welcome. If you need special accessibility accommodations, please call (619) 236-5807 or email email@example.com in advance of your participation.
If you have comments, questions or grievances about Library NExT, please contact Library NExT Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Policy and Procedures:
- I understand students must attend all classes.
- I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
- I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
- I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
- I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
- I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.