3D modeling is a fast-developing technology with applications in many fields and careers. Use the open-source program Blender to explore the potential of 3D modeling and printing. We will start with an introduction to Blender, an extremely powerful tool for 3D modeling. Students will learn how to use Blender for computer-aided design projects such as 3D printing, tool making and architectural modeling. They will practice re-creating chess pieces in a physical and a digital environment. Students will also learn the basics of environmental design for video games. The class offers a good starting point for moving on to more advanced 3D modeling skills.
*Before the start of class students should download: Blender
The San Diego Public Library and UC San Diego Extension are proud to bring all Library NExT programming to you for free, thanks to funding provided by the federal government. In order to keep these programs free, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant program requires us to collect household income information as part of the registration. All the information collected is confidential and is only used for tracking to provide funds for this program.
All participants are welcome. If you need special accessibility accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your participation.
If you have comments, questions or grievances about Library NExT, please contact Library NExT Programming at email@example.com
Registration Policy and Procedures:
- I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
- I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth learning environment.
- I understand that I will register through the Library Event Calendar and that my registration must be fully complete to attend the class.
- If there is more than one student in attendance they must register as well. Adults are allowed to attend without registering.
- I understand that I am responsible for cancelling my registration if I am unable to attend.