Let Library NExT's Project-in-a-Box (PIB) from UCSD's Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering teach you essential skills in combining hardware and software to build different devices through a series of 13 challenges! You will be guided through a hands-on virtual workshop through live instruction. Have fun learning skills in programming and engineering. No experience necessary! Only one teen or Middle School required to register for family or group.
You will receive an email notice informing you of which library location will provide contactless pick up for your Kit! You will also receive your Zoom link via email.
The San Diego Public Library and UC San Diego Extension are proud to bring all Library NExT programming to you for free, thanks to funding provided by the federal government. In order to keep these programs free, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant program requires us to collect household income information as part of the registration. All the information collected is confidential and is only used for tracking to provide funds for this program.
All participants are welcome. If you need special accessibility accommodations,please email email@example.com in advance of your participation.
If you have comments, questions or grievances about Library NExT, please contact Library NExT Programming at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
- I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
- I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD Dept. of Computer ad Electrical Engineering and the student organization, Project in a Box. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth learning environment.
- I understand that I will register through the Library Event Calendar and that my registration must be fully complete to attend the class.
- If there is more than one student in attendance they must register as well. Adults are allowed to attend without registering.
- I understand that I am responsible for cancelling my registration if I am unable to attend.