Slime: It’s slippery, gooey and oozy. But did you know you can use slime to model phenomena in the natural world? Just like slime, Earth’s glaciers, mudslides and quaking bogs are made of fluids that are neither liquid nor solid. Prepare for slimy fun as we investigate the interplay between viscosity, friction and gravity. Slime recipes included!
Please use an email address that you will be sure to check for important notifications.
Be sure to check your email for a POSSIBLE supply kit to be picked up at a contactless-service library location. Not every class has a supply kit.
*24 hours prior to the class, the instructor will email out the Zoom link, pass code and other possible instructions!
The San Diego Public Library and UC San Diego Extension are proud to bring all Library NExT programming to you for free, thanks to funding provided by the federal government. In order to keep these programs free, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant program requires us to collect household income information as part of the registration. All the information collected is confidential and is only used for tracking to provide funds for this program.
If you have comments, questions or grievances about Library NExT, please contact Library NExT Programming at LibraryNExT@sandiego.gov
Information and program content can be made available in alternative formats upon request. To request disability-related modifications or accommodations, please email JFRogers@sandiego.gov
Registration Policy and Procedures:
▪ I understand students must attend all classes.
▪ I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
▪ I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
▪ I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
▪ I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
▪ I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.