In honor of World Refugee Awareness month, create a poster that celebrates refugees and their contributions to communities throughout the world. We want to recognize the struggles that refugees face, their contributions to society and the actions that communities can take to improve the lives of refugees and other migrants worldwide.
All participants will receive a prize!
Participants will be provided a certificate of appreciation and a choice of a book, while supplies last. One grand prize winner will receive an art 101 wooden art set and sketchbook.
Who may participate?
This contest is open to all youth in in grades K-12. Poster paper, crayons and markers will be available at 25 San Diego Public Library locations offering contactless pickup or limited in-person services.
How do I submit an entry?
Submit finished artwork to any of the San Diego Public Library branches open for contactless pickup or limited in-person services. sandiego.gov/libraryservices
Additional Rules & Information
- Designs must be the original work of the entrant. Artwork should NOT include any copied or copyrighted materials.
- Designs can be 8.5" x 11" or larger in size.
- All mediums and styles are welcome—paints, markers, crayons, collage, digital applications, comics, illustrations, magazine clippings, etc.
- Submissions should be family-friendly.
- Limit of one (1) entries per contestant.
- Entries become the sole property of the San Diego Public Library and may be published online, on publicity materials or on social media with the name and age of the artist.
- Entries may be used without further permission or compensation for the design of the artwork or for other library promotional uses. Artwork may be reduced or cropped according to design specifications.
- Selection of the winning entrants will be at the discretion of the judging panel.
Information & program content can be made available in alternative formats upon request. To request disability-related modifications or accommodations, please email: JFRogers@sandiego.gov