There are 13 seats remaining.
In this workshop format class we explore the beauty, mysteries and facts about our planet earth. Using tools and materials from our modern world we will re-enact some of the physics, chemistry, and biology that make earth unique in the Known Space. Hands-on activities will be punctuated with sounds of boom, crash, zip and slime! The class is configurable to different lessons each focusing on an aspect of that include topics of glaciers, volcanoes, earthquakes, landslides, permafrost, sea level rise and tsunamis. During these workshops students will design things, test things, throw things, and stomp on things. Using our newfound knowledge of our earth system we will use our imaginations to make our planet a more fun place.
Course Title: Messy Science
Location: Skyline Hills Branch Library
Address: 7900 Paradise Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92139-1435
Course Level: Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
· I understand students must attend all classes.
· I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
· I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
· I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
· I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
· I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.