There is 1 seat remaining.
Using various electronic components, students will learn the basics of circuits and build mid-level bread board projects such as a lightsensitive nightlight, railroad crossing signal with timer, a sound effect board, pocket flashlight and much more!
Students learn how to draw and identify circuit drawings; and working with integrated chips together we learn how capacitors and transistors can be used in a project for a specific purpose. All projects will be completed in class.
The San Diego Public Library and UC San Diego Extension are proud to bring all Library NExT programming to you for free, thanks to funding provided by the federal government. In order to keep these programs free, the federal organization—the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Community Development Block Grant program—needs a completed version of the form before your student starts the workshop (found in the right column on this calendar page: "Downloads / Attachment"). All the information collected in the document is confidential and is only used for tracking to provide funds for this program. Please print, complete, and sign the document to bring with the day of the workshop. If you are unable to complete the document ahead of time, a parent/guardian must be with the participant to complete the form prior to the workshop.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
- I understand students must attend all classes.
- I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
- I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
- I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
- I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
- I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.