Learning the physics behind rockets and current rocket design, we can design paper airplanes to fly higher and go farther! Hone your knowledge of space exploration and the engineering process. Students will test their ideas about the physics of rockets by making one out of everyday materials.
Course Title: Rocket Science
Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Location: Logan Heights Branch Library
Address: 567 S 28th St., San Diego, CA 92113
Course Level: Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
· I understand students must attend all classes.
· I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
· I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
· I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
· I understand students should treat instructors and all workshop attendees with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
· I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.