There are 2 seats remaining.
Ahoy! Life as a pirate is rough and rugged and it requires scientific ingenuity. Join us to learn the fundamental suite of traditional nautical arts. Students will learn the elements of celestial navigation, sword fighting, weather prediction, knot typing, ship construction, and sailing. Students will gain an understanding of both the bravery and the ingenuity of traditional sailors as well as the beauty and elegance of modern physical theory.
Course Title: Pirate Science
Date: Saturday, June 9, 2018
Time: 1:00 PM-4:00 PM
Location: Mira Mesa Branch Library
Address: 8405 New Salem Street, San Diego, CA 92126
Course Level: Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
· I understand students must attend all classes.
· I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
· I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
· I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
· I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
· I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.