Slime: it's slippery, gooey, malleable and oozy. But did you know you could use it to illustrate phenomena in the natural world? Just like slime, Earth's glaciers, mudslides and quaking bogs are made of fluids that are neither liquid nor solid. Prepare for slimy fun as we investigate the interplay between viscosity, friction and gravity. Slime recipes included! Space is limited and registration is required. Register at: sandiego.gov/librarynext
This project is funded in whole or in part with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to the City of San Diego.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
- I understand students must attend all classes.
- I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
- I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
- I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
- I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
- I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.