All new registrations will be placed on the waitlist, and there are 3 waitlist seats remaining.
This Library NExT class is a follow-the-leader, cutting edge, hands-on programming course that teaches the basics of Android app design. Participants work in groups to create an app background screen and add their own enhancements including pictures, drawing canvases, and buttons. Students will also create three simple Android apps: 1) Talk to text converter, 2) Ball Bounce App, and 3) Paint App. Students will use MIT App Inventor tool to learn the elements of Android application design and programming and test their apps using the MIT Companion App on an Android phone.
Each student will need to have an Email ID in order to access the App Inventor program. Students who do not have an email will be able to use a temporary email that we will set up for them during class. All equipment will be provided. No prior computer experience required.
Course Title: Android App Design
Time: 1:00:00 PM-4:00:00 PM
Location: Mira Mesa Branch Library
Address: 8405 New Salem St, San Diego, CA 92126
Course Level: Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
· I understand students must attend all classes.
· I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
· I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
· I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
· I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
· I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.