There are 12 seats remaining.
Learn about the life of the late Stephen Hawking, one of the most famous physicists of all time, who left an indelible scientific legacy. In this interactive class, we will examine Hawking’s life, disability, writings, imperfections and contributions to science. No prior knowledge is required.
Course Title: Stephen Hawking: Dark Holes & the Science of Space and Time
Time: 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
Location: Valencia Park/ Malcolm X Branch Library
Address: 5148 Market St, San Diego, CA 92114
Course Level: Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
· I understand students must attend all classes.
· I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
· I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
· I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
· I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
· I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.