All new registrations will be placed on the waitlist, and there are 3 waitlist seats remaining.
Join us for an introductory class on Website Design, where students design a fully functional website that can be used as a business website (babysitting), a personal blog (fun things to do in San Diego), a charity website (help our community), and more. The websites will be designed using the on-line Wix interface, allowing students to build a website that attracts their target audience and uses different design elements. Students will learn basic website design concepts and work in teams to identify how color, font, and layout are used for specific purposes in industry, business and personal websites. Students will also create a website based on the topic of their choice for their final project. This course is designed for students entering the 6th through 8th grades who have little to no experience with website design. All equipment will be provided.
Course Title: Website Design
Time: 1:00:00 PM-4:00:00 PM
Location: Mira Mesa Branch Library
Address: 8405 New Salem St, San Diego, CA 92126
Course Level: Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Space is limited, advance registration is required.
Registration Policy and Procedures:
· I understand students must attend all classes.
· I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
· I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
· I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
· I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
· I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.