Program Type:Educational, Library NExT
This series is designed for high school students who are excited to learn about logistics and coordination of activities in a business setting. Business management encompasses logistics and coordination of activities in an organizational enterprise. In this program, high school students develop a practical understanding of policy creation and resource allocation as a means to achieve institutional objectives.
Upon completion of the program, students will earn 3 units per course of pre-college credit and a certificate. Pre-college units differ from undergraduate level units. Pre-college units are designed to provide an opportunity for students to explore academic interests or prepare for college admission. Courses may be transferable for secondary school credit at the discretion of the receiving institution. Students should discuss the transferability of individual courses with the registrar of their secondary school prior to enrolling. Parents are welcome to attend with their student but will not receive the pre-college credit or certificate.
This event is divided into three sections: Organizational Behavior, Elements of Marketing, and Business Decision Making. Each section consists of ten 3-hour classes that will be held on Saturdays over the course of 10 weeks. Attending all classes is required. Register once for the whole series.
Each registrant must use a unique email address when registering.
Please be sure to check the email that you used to register for all correspondences.
*Please read all the information below!
1) REGISTER by filling out the information BELOW.
- Please do NOT share an email with a sibling; all students must have unique email addresses.
- Please register under the student’s name, not the parent’s name.
- Please do NOT register using school email addresses. School district issued email accounts often do not receive correspondence from @ucsd.edu emails.
2) In order to COMPLETE your registration, please provide us with your PID number, which is a student identification number through UC San Diego Division of Extension Studies. If you do not have a PID, please create a MyExtension account which will generate the PID number.
- Click here (https://myextension.ucsd.edu/account/new) to create a MyExtension account with UC San Diego Division of Extended Studies.
- *Please note that school district issued email accounts often do not receive correspondence from @ucsd.edu emails. Due to this, it is suggested that you do not use your school email address when creating this account.
- Once you have created your MyExtension account, please visit the “Home” page, where you can find your PID. Then include it in the registration information below.
3) Students will receive an email from the instructor within 24-48 hours of the start date of the course containing class information.
The San Diego Public Library and UC San Diego Extension are proud to bring all Library NExT programming to you for free, thanks to funding provided in whole or in part by the Library Foundation SD.
If you need special accessibility accommodations, information and program content can be made available in alternative formats upon request. To request disability-related modifications or accommodations, please email LibraryNExT@sandiego.gov
If you have comments, questions or grievances about Library NExT, please contact the Program Coordinator at LibraryNExT@sandiego.gov
Registration Policy and Procedures:
- I understand students must attend all classes.
- I understand students should arrive promptly for class and stay for the full duration of the class.
- I understand this class is part of a partnership with UCSD. These classes differ from our regular programs in that they offer more of a structured, in-depth, and hands-on learning environment.
- I understand I am responsible for arranging transport with/for my student(s) promptly at the start and end of the class.
- I understand students should treat each other with respect; failure to do so could result in being dropped from the class.
- I understand that a break will be included in the program and students are encouraged to bring water and a snack.
By registering for the class, I agree and understand the restrictions, policies, and procedures outlined above.